The week in sport
Published Friday 24th February 2023
Half Term News
Emilia R (Year I) swam during the half term at the Yorkshire Swimming Championships as part of the team from York City Baths Club.
Emilia was part of the silver medal-winning Medley relay team, and she also achieved three personal best times over the weekend! Well done Emilia.
Tuesday 21st February 2023
NETBALL: Mavericks A vs Read School Ladies
Score: Lost 43-39
Player of the Match: BonnieMavericks A started well, going ahead 13-10 after the first quarter, though it looked set to be another tight game.
The second half proved to be very tense with both sides scoring on their centres, but Read edged ahead in the final minutes to seal the win.
NETBALL: U14 Netball v Hymers College
Score: Lost 37-28
Wednesday 22nd February 2023
TENNIS: LTA Youth Schools Tennis Championship - Semi-Finals
We welcomed into the team Kitty (LVI) and Olivia (V) due to illness and injury. The team played very well against some strong opposition and congratulations to Olivia for winning her singles.
Although the final score of 5-1 does not reflect the matches and rallies played throughout the afternoon, all girls must be congratulated on their focus and determination to try and win a place in the Northern Finals.
NETBALL: Mavericks B v Rawcliffe
Player of the Match: Miss Hagan
Another valiant effort from Mavericks B with some amazing interceptions by the defence in the circle, super goals by the shooters, and lovely play up and down the court. We just need to work on staying calm during the attacking phase and not panicking with our passes.
Thursday 23rd February 2023
NETBALL: U15 Netball v Huntington School
Score: Lost 11-4
Player of the Match: Lucy
A shaky start as we struggled to get the ball into our shooting circle. Huntington went ahead 9-2 after the first half, where one of their shooters was scoring from anywhere around the edge of the D.
We decided on a few positional changes for the second half and began to work better as a team, even managing a draw in this half, though Huntington won the match 11-4 in the end.
Sports and Physical Education Enrichment
At QM, we have a huge range of enrichment activities for sports and physical education. From lacrosse to hockey, netball, running club, football, swimming, lifeguarding, and much more.
Click below to see the 2022/23 activities you can get involved in.
Saturday, 25 February 2023
- 1st VII vs Harrogate Ladies' College and Highfield Prep Details
- Girls-U15A vs Harrogate Ladies' College and Highfield Prep Details
- Girls-U13A vs Harrogate Ladies' College and Highfield Prep Details
- 2nd VII vs Harrogate Ladies' College and Highfield Prep Details
- Girls-U14A vs Harrogate Ladies' College and Highfield Prep Details
- Girls-U12A vs Harrogate Ladies' College and Highfield Prep Details
Monday, 27 February 2023
Tuesday, 28 February 2023
- Girls-U14A vs The Mount School Details
- Girls-U14B vs The Mount School Details
- Girls-Mavericks B vs Sherburn Flyers Details
- Girls-Mavericks A vs York City Cannons Details
Wednesday, 1 March 2023
Saturday, 4 March 2023
- Girls-U13A vs Y&D Schools Netball Tournament Details
- Girls-U14A vs North Schools Lax Tournament Details
- Girls-U12A vs North Schools Lax Tournament Details
Click here to see the archive of past Sports Reviews.
Your Sporting Stories
If you have any summer sporting success stories we would love to hear them. There is so much talent at QM and we love to celebrate your achievements outside school with the QM Family. Be sure to share your news with the Sports Department or email email@example.com.