Queen Margaret's School Fees
You'll find information on our independent school fees for full, flexi and day boarding below. In addition to our core fees we endeavour to support all girls in their individual talents and as such offer a range of Scholarships and Bursaries.
QM also offers generous discounts on boarding fees to supplement the CEA for children of personnel serving in the Armed Forces. You can read more about our Scholarships, bursaries and Armed Forces family discounts by clicking the links below:
Scholarships and Bursaries
We also offer a discount of 5% off the core fees of your eldest daughter when sisters are attending Queen Margaret's together, up to a maximum of 15% discount per family when three or more sisters are in School.
Get in touch with our Admissions Team for more information.
Day and Flexible Boarding Prices at Queen Margaret's
- Day and Flexi Boarders may arrive at School after 07:30 and depart up to 19:30 on full School days; there is no charge for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- The Flexible Boarding fees includes an average of one, two or three overnight stays per term week; these nights can be aggregated over a term to enable a girl to stay as and when needed and these need not be on a fixed night or number of nights each week.
- All Flexible Boarding fee options include two additional nights each term for a girl to stay in School at the start of term or during a Community Weekend.
- All other nights spent in School by Flexi Boarders or Day girls are chargeable.
- There is a maximum of six overnight stays per week (Sunday to Saturday) other than over a Community Weekend or otherwise agreed by the Head (in exceptional circumstances).
- Overnight stays cannot be carried forward to another term and overnight stays not utilised within the applicable term will not be refunded.
- Terms can be of different lengths and hence the number of nights included in each fee will vary term by term.
- All additional nights will be charged at the full additional overnight stay rate.
- Flexi Boarders will have an allocated bed and dorm. This may not be the case for Day girls.
Weekly Boarding Prices at Queen Margaret's
- Weekly Boarders can stay in School as many nights you require from Sunday night to Friday night (inclusive).
- There is a maximum of six overnight stays per week (Sunday to Saturday) other than over a Community Weekend or otherwise agreed by the Head (in exceptional circumstances). All Saturday nights stayed will be charged at the full additional overnight stay rate.
- Weekly Boarders will have an allocated bed and dorm.
Full Boarding Prices at Queen Margaret's
For non-UK/EEA students at QM, we have made our full boarding fee as all encompassing as possible. The non-UK/EEA full boarding fee includes EAL (English as an Additional Language) support, routine weekend activities and the services of a counsellor to support our overseas girls both pastorally and academically. This brings clarity and avoids individual charges for various provisions.
Extra activities include Music lessons, Dance, Tennis, Horse Riding, Personal Training and LAMDA performance examinations. Charges for these additional subjects and activities apply. Further activities may be offered from time to time where costs will be dependent on the number of girls taking part. You can learn more about Queen Margaret's extra subjects and activities here.
Independent School Fee Remissions
Our aim is to encourage applications from candidates with as diverse a range of backgrounds as possible, as this enriches our community and is vital in preparing our girls for today’s world.
Means tested bursaries are therefore offered to allow as many girls as possible, who meet our admission criteria, to attend QM.
Further information about means tested bursaries is available in the first instance from our Admissions Team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discounted Fees in Advance
From time to time, we are able to offer, on a limited basis, the opportunity to deposit funds with the School to offset against future fees with a discount. For further information and availability please contact the Bursar’s office.
Come and see
Ready for your own QM experience?
Meet our dedicated team, receive a tour of the impressive facilities, and discover all that QM has to offer with a personal introduction to QM.
A Personal Introduction